Monday, March 23, 2015

March 23, 2015

(This email was to me...)
 
I love you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My week has been great! thank you for being an amazing example to me in my life and making sure that I gained a testimony of my own! I have felt the help from your prayers. I love you so much for everything that you have done and do for me! I hope you have the most amazing week of your life!
love
Elder Pennington
 
(And Phil got this one...)
 
Thank you for the example that you are. I am currently going through my second time in the Book of Mormon since being out here. I just started 3rd Nephi today. yesterday reading about Samuel the Lamanite was really insightful. Our work as missionaries is never done. Samuel is getting done with serving a mission, he had been preaching and he was headed home. but then he is told to go and preach some more, and he does. And when they would not let him in, he does not just say "oh well, I tried" no he go and climbs a wall. A WALL!! and starts preaching repentance. Some believe him many try to kill him.
One of the things that I learned about missionary work is that we don't always see the fruits of our labors. those that believed did not go to Samuel to repent and be baptized, no they sought out Nephi. Samuel play a certain part in their conversion and Nephi played another. It gave me new resolve to go and open my mouth, and realize that I may just be planting a seed, but if I don't open my mouth, nothing will happen.
I love you so much dad! I hope you have a great week!
Love
Elder Pennington the younger
 
(Phil got the better one... this week. It is just great to hear from him and know he is doing good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment