Monday, January 12, 2015

Emails from the Beginning

Here are the emails thus far that Bryant has sent to me, his mom. I know, its a lot of I love you's, and I love it :)

Nov 10, 2014
I wish I had more time to write. My address is ....... Pittsburgh PA 15233. I love you. Please send out the address to others. I will be able to respond to letters. love you so much.
please tell everyone I love them.
love,
Elder Pennington

Nov 18, 2014
I love you so much mom! You are amazing! Some time soon, if you could send me the jacket I was so sad to leave. I don't always have to wear a suit and that jacket can fit under the jacket I already have! I am going to need as many layers as I can get. If you can't send the jacket that is okay but it is worth asking for! It is pretty cold out here and I really hope I adjust pretty soon. (enough anyway).  I love you so much! It has snowed a little, but apparently if it gets too cold here, it can't snow so yeah! I hope that I snows a lot just because of that little detail :) I love you mom
love,
Elder Pennington the younger
 
Nov 24, 2014
I love you mom! I sent a letter this morning so you should be getting it in the next couple of days, (unless I did something wrong with it). I love the jacket and the hat. The sad part is that this is technically easing into winter. I will survive out though. I have already adjusted a little. It is warmer today than it has been (62 degrees) and it feels great. When I first got here it was warmer and I was cold. So there is hope. I don't think I talked too much about my companion in the letter I sent, but I will be sending another this week. I will probably be sending it around Wednesday or Thursday, so be looking for that. I love you so much mom!
Love
Elder Pennington the younger
 
Dec 1, 2014
How are you doing Mom! I love you so much! Everything is Going great here! Thanksgiving was fun. We had two thanksgiving dinners, but that was more than enough. I only wish I had been able to spend it with you guys. Thanks for feeding the missionaries. For time wise, we don't have a lot of time but we just got a library card when we got here and use that to log on and use the internet. We don't have to pay. I am looking forward to the package and the letters. Thank you so much. Anything, no matter how big, will help keep a smile on my face, so thank you! Yeah I will try and write to you about the person from south Africa in a letter. He was baptized at the end of my third week here. It was a cool experience. I love you so much! I hope you have an amazing week!
love
Elder Pennington the younger
 
A little more about thanksgiving, because I have a little more time. There was a lot of food and it was really good at the first dinner. The second dinner we had was two families combined. One from Porto Rico and the other was the family from South Africa that I have talked a little about. There was tons of food and it was really good and cultural. I loved thanksgiving but it would have been better to have it with you. I hope you have a great week mom!
 
 

Dec 8, 2014
You don't have to worry about the letters. The Christmas package was great! I hope that you had a great week! How are you doing? Things are going really well here. I have really enjoyed getting to know the area. Thank you for everything that you have done for me. I love you so much! Oh and by the way did you get that picture I sent you? I tried it through the camera but i don't have any way of telling whether it worked or not. I hope you have a great week! I love you so much!
Love
Elder Pennington the younger
 
Dec 15, 2014
I love you so much mom! I am getting used to the cold more. People say that it has not been getting as cold this year (they also keep saying that January is the coldest  month so this may be talking to soon). It has been staying pretty consistently around the 30's. It does not seem as cold as it once did. I loved catching you last week as well. I have really enjoyed being out here, but miss you all! I will send as many pics as I can throughout the week when I am at the church. I have to send them one by one and it takes a few minutes for each one to send, but it works okay. I believe that I will be talking to you through Skype. I don't know the details yet but I will try and find out for you as soon as I can. I love you so much mom! I hope you have an amazing week!
Love
Elder Pennington the younger
(can't wait for the letter! I will write back as soon as I get it!) 
 
Dec 22, 2014
I love you so much MOM! You are the best. Thanks for the update! So for Christmas skyping will most likely be anywhere from 12-2 here. I am not too sure on the time because four of us missionaries will be using the same computer. Worse case, I would love to just talk to you on the phone. since the other three have been away longer, I will be letting them go first. I love you so much and can't wait to talk to all of you. thank you for everything you have done! Love you!
Love
Elder Pennington the younger
 
Dec 29, 2014
Hey Mom!
I love you so much! I was really nice talking to you on Christmas! Yeah, we were only supposed to take one hour at the most, but the Butlers did not seem to know that and the other missionaries were just planning on taking two hours! Tell everyone that I miss them as well! I have not gotten Rustie's package yet, but I hope it comes today. Could you get me their address so that I can send them my Christmas card too. Even if it is after Christmas. Thank you so much for everything that you do! You are amazing! I love you MOM!
Love
Elder Pennington the Younger
 
I have a little more time, so that bridge was not closed down. We were there waiting a while for it to clear then one of us would run out there and another would take the picture. We were there for a while :) And for the pictures I have figured out a way that will work, you will just be getting pictures less often for a while. So I will send them to myself on district meeting days and on P-days I will forward them to you with captions. I hope that works! I love you so much mom! you are amazing!
 
Jan 5, 2015
I love you So much MOM! you are the best!!! So, I did get your package! Thank you so much for sending that. I finally got Rusties  package this last Wednesday. It is all beat up and had dirt and grass on it. My guess is that when it was delivered that it was delivered to the front of the house, and we enter by the side of the house because that is where the stairs are to get up to the third floor. It probably went unnoticed and as soon as the person on the first floor noticed they placed it by the mail boxes (just inside the side door).
We really did not celebrate NEW YEARS too much but it was still exciting. This is a whole new world from Arizona. I love it but it is different.
I love you so much MOM! You are amazing!!!!
Love Elder Pennington the younger
 
Jan 12, 2015
I love you so much mom! I hope that you had a great week!
It is good to hear that Mason is still doing really well! You probably did tell me about Matthew, life here just seems like it is going on forever and so much stuff is happening that I forget some of the little things.
Real Estate? nice! let me know how everything turns out! What are you considering going back to school for?
I love you so much MOM! you are the best! thanks for everything you have and are doing for me!
Love
Elder Pennington the younger

No comments:

Post a Comment